Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sept. 26 is Pancake Day!

Yum! No wonder I was craving pancakes this morning when I woke up. I like to make pancakes for my son on a weekday because it seems extra special. He likes healthy foods so it's easy to add some nutritious ingredients to his pancakes.

 I start with either Hodson Mills Buckwheat pancake mix or Heart Healthy Bisquick. I do a half and half mixture. Or if I want to added milled flax seed flour I add less of the buckwheat mix. Sometimes I use low-fat milk but I rarely use eggs.

How to make banana pancakes - When one side of the pancake has cooked and you see bubbles on the batter side facing up, add thin slices of banana. Then flip the pancakes to cook the banana side. The bananas add a natural sweetness once heated.

Sept. 26 is also

No comments:

Post a Comment